Friday 5 June 2009

Ahem, I’ll just dig out my Manolos…


I’ve always been a bit scared of shopping in charity shops – it just seems a bit of a hassle! I don’t think I’m alone in thinking this, although the recession has seen a change with more people beginning to turn to charity shops and their second hand bargains. Mary Portas is leading the way with her charity shop revival campaign showcased on BBC2’s Mary Queen of Charity Shops and featured in today’s G2.

Great idea, updating the frumpy charity shop image, encouraging us to adopt a more sustainable approach to fashion and even creating a way for charities to forge links with businesses - but is it really going to work? I’m sceptical, especially as her successful ‘flagship’ store in Westfield Shopping Centre was filled with designer items donated by ‘fashion pals’ and Grazia readers…

No comments:

Post a Comment