Friday 20 May 2011

The promo that will just keep giving

Not sure about you, but whenever I see a bunch of promo girls and boys hanging outside a tube or train station I have a sinking feeling that another brand is giving out loads of samples and leaflets most of which end up in the next available bin.

So this morning as I was walking through Trafalgar Square the sight of a promo team coming towards me made my heart sink - that was until I realised what they were giving out...my very own tomato plant all ready to go.

It turns out that B&Q are running a campaign to get Britain gardening. They have teamed up with a charity called Capital Growth dedicated to creating new food growing spaces across the capital. We all talk about locally sourced food. This is a great example of not only a truly useful promo givaway, but something that might just get a few of us growing our own.

It certainly put a smile on my face this morning and I'm hoping by July I might just be enjoying a desk grown tomoto at lunchtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment