Friday 29 January 2010

The cult continues


Considering that it has been mentioned in almost every conversation, meeting and email exchange that I've had since Thursday morning, I thought I should write about it here. Yes, you all know what I'm talking about (cue celestial music): 'the ipad'!
Is it good, is it bad? I don't know and I'm probably not going to have a chance to find out for a while... What gets me is that everyone is talking about it. What they have created is innovative but it is not as innovative as the hype would make you believe. The fact is that it doesn't really matter anymore - the Apple brand is so powerful that they could produce something very ordinary and consumers would still start lining up outside Apple stores the world around.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no different to anyone else and on Wednesday evening I was intrigued as the rest of you about what they were going to reveal. I'm just looking forward to what they do next...

No comments:

Post a Comment